Sunday, July 08, 2007

Picking the Plants

I saw an ad in The Hook for a garden center I'd never heard of, up in Advance Mills. So I went there after I dropped Terry at the airport. The proprietress was both knowledgeable and helpful. I described the garden where I needed to add plants and she helped me to select and arrange the plants. I hadn't gone with the intention to spend quite so much on plants for this particular flower bed, but she convinced of the benefit of instant gratification. It is already July after all, how long do I want to wait for the plants to fill in? And even though I will be redesigning the garden next year, I can always replant the perennials somewhere else when the time comes. I've been moving my existing perennials all over the place this year already so I'll just do it again in the spring.

No comments: