Friday, September 21, 2007

Hovering Helicopter

It's the first time I've noticed a helicopter hovering stationary over my neighborhood, and I don't like it. It's been up there just moving a few yards this way and that, if it moves at all. My first thought causes me considerable unease since I figure there is a dangerous criminal on the loose, possibly along the path I'm walking to the bus stop. And not just a typical dangerous criminal, since at least in my neighborhood they're usually cornered by several cop cars converging, and there will be a bit of commotion and I'll hear the cops talking through their loudspeakers, but it's infrequent and over with pretty quickly. But a criminal worth watching from a helicopter? I don't like it. But my consolation is that I'm posting this from a bus going to Manhattan, and I won't head back home until this evening.

No comments: